Protocol are working with a leading FE college to recruit for a Head of Faculty Creative & Commercial to report to the Assistant Principal Vocational Studies.
The main purpose for this role is to provide leadership and management to the faculties focusing on high quality teaching and learning leading to excellent student outcomes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following points
– To be accountable for students’ progress and improvement within the Faculty and to have overall responsibility for every activity within the Faculty.
– To raise the aspirations of members of the Faculty through effectively managing performance, whilst adhering to College protocols and policies, and ensuring that all members of staff are given an opportunity to improve and develop their practice.
– Lead the management of all aspects of the learner journey in all areas including the recruitment, delivery, support, retention, attainment and progression to enable success above provider rate within your area of responsibility.
– Champion quality improvement and quality assurance, using relevant data to produce improvement plans which are implemented by all staff across the Faculty.
– Ensure the smooth flow of communications within the Faculty and across college, through regular, action-focused meetings, briefings and appropriate use of email.
– Ensure that allocated budgets are managed in accordance with College protocols, and that there is optimal deployment of staff, accommodation and resources, providing best value for money.
– Ensure that the curriculum provision is appropriate to the needs of students, leading to successful recruitment and progression outcomes
– Produce annual Programme Area Self-Assessments and Quality Improvement plans, as determined by the College quality policy and update these as and when required
– Ensure a culture within the Faculty in line with the College’s values, behaviours and professional standards.
– Demonstrate as a minimum good teaching, ideally outstanding and champion and
role model exemplary practice in teaching, learning and assessment, encouraging staff to develop and innovate with evidence-based research as to what constitutes the best practice in their field.
– Work collaboratively with other Heads of Faculty on a programme of learning walks and observations, encouraging staff to observe each other and share best practice across the Faculty.
– Identify CPD needs and opportunities for staff across the Faculty, which lead to improvements for students, in line with the strategic plan.
– Ensure that timely CPD for staff links to classroom observation and developmental appraisal needs, and that action plans to embed training are developed and monitored.
– Continuously monitor student attendance levels to minimum college expectation currently across Faculty courses, and to take pro-active action to maintain student attendance at and above the given target level.
– Maintain excellent and up-to-date knowledge of Study Programmes, providing good quality initial advice and guidance to students, ensuring they are on the right study programme to help them succeed and achieve their goals.
If you are an FE leader within the creative or commercial curriculum areas we would love to see your application.
FE Jobs & College Jobs & FE Jobs & College Jobs & FE Jobs & College Jobs & FE Jobs & College Jobs